Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Snow Dogs

Note this is my entry I forgot to post yesterday.



Yesterday my dogs were in heaven, for a while you could call them snow dogs! All of them tapped into their inner puppy. While it wasn't hard for Wyatt and Josie since they are technically still puppies, Dexter and Star our foster greyhound both found their inner puppy and sprinted through the snow. Because Star was in a foster home locally in December I don't think this was the first snow for her, especially the way she ran down the deck stairs and romped through the fresh powder.



Watching my dogs have fun in the snow makes it easier to take the cold and put up with the wetness they track in afterward. Poor Wyatt is our only dog covered in fuzzy fur and that attracts little snowballs, they accumulate around his paws. But a little trick I learned from my friends at the Doodle Zoo helped cut down on the sticking snow. I sprayed his paws and legs with cooking spray and when it was time to come in, I was amazed to see only a small amount of snow sticking to his fur. The cooking spray worked! It turned Wyatt into a nearly non-stick dog. I also tried this other product called Musher's Secret and it also worked but not as well as the cooking spray.



Today is a snow day for dogs and kids, so until next time, Woof, Woof, and a Roo, Roo!



No comments:

Post a Comment