Pages

Monday, March 20, 2006

24 Hour Foster

Saturday evening we welcomed a newly retired racer into our home. She arrived with five others after one of the quickest trips VAGA has ever made. Three volunteers left Friday morning for the sole purpose of getting these hounds and then immediately returned to Virginia. After the volunteers 24+ hours in the car they dropped Isa a two and a half year old off with me for the evening. It's our shortest foster to date. Yesterday she attended the local meet and greet and was then whisked off to the animal hospital where she'll be vetted.



In the short time she was in our home I could tell she's going to make one family very happy and after meeting her potential forever family yesterday, I have no doubt. Isa is not only one of the most beautiful GH's I've met, she was quick to learn and a love bug from the moment I brought her into my home. I had the easiest time showing her how to use the stairs than with any other foster and even my own Greyhound Dexter. In less than 24 hours she experienced comfy dog beds, the freedom to play and go in and outside at her leisure and her first nibbles of a compressed rawhide.



What I thought was going to be a long night turned into a wonderful experience. You can view Isa's photo in the Foster album and photos from yesterday F'Burg Meet and Greet album on the left-hand side.



Until next time Woof, Woof, and a Roo!



1 comment:

  1. aw man... she's so pretty with her ears tucked up like that. ... just before her facial. precious. do you not get her back from being desexed?

    ReplyDelete