Pages

Wednesday, April 5, 2006

One Small Pawprint, One Giant Woof for Wyatt

A week ago my husband took Wyatt my golden retriever/poodle mix to the groomer for his spring trim. Usually these types of trips are ones of dread because Wyatt barks and generally isn't comfortable in these situations. However after my husbands report of Wyatt's arrival at the groomer's things are looking up. He still barked some, but there was a low-cost vaccination clinic going on at the Petco, but he didn't bark constantly and he didn't get overly excited when he entered the groomer's shop. According to my husband he sat quietly, tail wagging waiting for the groomer to take him! He also received glowing remarks when the groomer called to say he was ready. She was impressed with his improvement. He did all they asked and even performed some of his tricks. After months and months of socializing throughout the neighborhood he appears to have made progress! To say I was happy about the news is an understatement I was over the moon! I felt myself puff with pride. All the work I am doing with him is paying off. He's one step closer to being able to travel places with us.



My next step with him is to start visiting the local Petsmart in the evening when it's less crowded. We'll have to take this slowly and work up to taking him there on the weekends, but I see a sliver of light and have hope.



Wyatt351001
Wyatt before his groom.










Wyatt421501
Wyatt after.




Until next time, Woof, Woof and a Roo!



1 comment:

  1. i'm impressed. i squirmed a lot more when i was his age.
    congrats on the progress. he's a very hot dog. as in, if i were a dog, i'd find him kinda sexy.

    ReplyDelete