Pages

Tuesday, June 6, 2006

End of School and Oops We Did It Again

I've been busy. The last two weeks have had end of year activities for my kids, I’ve been writing and we had a foster dog. The kids last day of school are Friday. Today is the last full day of school and Wednesday through the end of the week my oldest gets out at 11:45 and the youngest soon after. I remember the end of school years past well. The excitement of not having to do school work, helping the teacher packs up the room in elementary school. Boy I have to say all of my teachers were good, they found ways to get us think we weren't actually cleaning. Graduating to the next grade level I always looked forward to not having to go to school, but soon not going to school was replaced with getting up and going to a part-time retail job. Now as a Mom who works from home I sort of dread summer because I love my time at home alone to write, go where I want when I want and of course procrastinate with my dogs.



The upside is my kids will home we'll finally read the latest Harry Potter and more Lemony Snickett and walking the dogs will happen in one trip instead of two. Speaking of dogs, if you haven't checked out my Pawsitively Insane blog, I'd like to introduce you to Luna. Yup, my family and me adopted a new dog over the weekend. The actual plan for adding the fourth was supposed to happen in two to three years from now when my youngest dogs were closer to four or five-years-old. However the dog universe had other plans for us and planted a Golden Retriever right smack in the first kennel. I love all dogs and had fully intended on adopting a senior greyhound. But I've also admitted that my favorite breed of dogs has always been the Golden Retriever and perhaps that's because the first dog I ever owned was a golden.



I was 23 when I adopted my first dog and thankfully something inside her must have let her know I was a newbie to dogs because we never had any trouble from her. My first golden Yucca and her mate Chester are the reasons I moved to the dark side as my sister calls it. While I still love cats and I love looking at kittens and adult cats I have no desire to take any of them home. But show me a dog with big chocolate eyes and the hubster has to drag me away kicking and screaming like a two year old. But that's enough dog talk, if you're interested in Luna's new journey I'll be writing about her and my other three at Pawsitively Insane and if you're only interested in photos check out her new album Luna the Golden Retriever.



Until next time good writing.



No comments:

Post a Comment