Pages

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Soft Snores

As I sit here typing this entry on my Notebook my dogs are snoring contentedly. Luna is warming my feet. Dexter has curled his long gangly legs around himself like a cat. Wyatt and Josie are to my left with Josie using Wyatt as a heater. She’s curled tightly next to his body. The two of them sleeping so closely is new last winter that never happened without one or the other chewing on an ear or paw. Over the last week I’ve watched as my puppies changed. I see more self-control and I also know that my puppies really aren’t puppies any longer; they are teenagers only they listen better than my human teen. But watching my pups sleep is a peaceful activity and reminds me of all the times I would watch my kids sleep when they were babies. There’s something about their rhythmic breathing and soft snores that is comforting and helps me write. It relaxes me and when they wake and are ready for play or walk time I am too.



I guess my rambling nature of this entry is to say my pups are slowly maturing and while that is a good thing it’s also sad to know that one day maybe not tomorrow, next month or even six months from now that they will no longer zoom around chasing their tails or each others. Until then I’ll enjoy the zoomies they have left.



Until next time Woof, Woof, Woof and a Roo!



No comments:

Post a Comment