Pages

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Art Fun @ Work & NaNo Day 14

I work for Knowledge Learning Center’s Champions Before and After School program and I absolutely enjoy it. Honestly I didn’t think I would enjoy it as much as I do, because I tend to get annoyed quickly especially when kids don’t listen. But I work a split shift and that makes what I do daily enjoyable because I get a six hour break, I still get to work on my writing and photography the best of both worlds.



WebThe best part of my job besides the kids is that I am allowed to do things like this photo and I get paid to do it!
It’s still a work in progress. We are doing a fuzzy animal project with the kids and mine, well it started out as a pig butt, but the kids say it looks more like a hippo butt. You decide. Anyhow, it’s almost a crime to get paid for something that is fun.



Now onto NaNo, I came home exercised my dogs and right before this post I wrote ten pages toward finishing the 50K today. I should be able to write another 10 before 2:30 and I might be able to add another 5 before I start my next shift. I get to the school by 2:30 and I sit in the cafeteria for the 30 minutes before my shift starts and I write. It actually does wonders for my creativity to write there. I think it’s the quiet that helps though it’s not totally quiet. I hear the hum of the overhead lights and the murmurs of the kids in their classes and I actually find that a great combination of conditions to write amongst. I might actually hit 50K by 3pm! My story won’t be finished I’ll still need to bang out the last third of the story and my goal is to do that before midnight of November 30.



Until next time good writing!




2 comments:

  1. Actually, that hum you hear is my brain...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on passing the 50K mark! That's awesome! I just passed 40K tonight, and I am chomping at the bit to get those last 10K done. I'll still have more to go too, and hope to get it finished by the end of the month, but just hitting that 50K is such a good feeling. Need to rest now, though...my hands hurt! :}

    ReplyDelete