Pages

Monday, November 13, 2006

Wet, Wet, Wet & NaNo

Sometimes life throws a curve and no matter how many things you have to accomplish sometimes you have to forget everything and concentrate on cleaning your flooded for the second time this year basement. I came home from my first shift at the school and I was getting ready to do a load of laundry when I stepped into a couple of inches of water! No laundry today, ah shucks <snicker> But oh my hell, I have water again, nothing like two inches of water to set me into motion calling any and all contractors that specialize in drainage and wet basements. I called six places and talked to three live humans, got one disconnected line and two answering machines. Grudgingly I left messages for them to call me back. I have two set appointments for the contractors to come and look over my basement and foundation. They both will do this at no cost or obligation which is good because I’m not choosing the first estimate. I want references. I am one of those homeowners that choose based on what others say about the contractor, my research and what my gut says initially about the person I’m talking with. In the end, I’ll probably be shelling out a butt load of cash to fix my wet basement problem because this is definitely a problem not solved with a giant Depends or my piddley sump pumps.



NaNo is on hold for today so I will not add to my 43K. If all goes well I’ll be back to writing tomorrow and narrowing the gap to 50K.



There was an upside to this past weekend and that was my kids. Both of them skated in Chesapeake at a Regional Inline Speed Skating tournament. My youngest place second twice and third twice out of her four meets and my oldest placed second and fourth in her races. I am a proud Mom and if I can figure out how to put a video up I will add one or two clips.



Until next time good writing and may your basements stay dry.



No comments:

Post a Comment