Pages

Tuesday, November 7, 2006

NaNo Day Seven and More on the Powder Room

It’s Day Seven of the NaNoWriMo challenge and I am on target to finish early. I’ve already completed half my word count goal this morning! Today is an in-service day for teachers in my area, which means it’s a day off for me and the kids. I’m hoping that I’ll be able to double my 3K goal. I’m pleased with my story thus far and I’ve already thrown out much of my loosely prepared outline because the story is going another way. It has a creep factor, but what surprised me is the dark humor that has come out in my writing. I’m going with it for now.



On the powder room project, I’ve actually finished most of it. Yesterday I hung the hand towel rack, moved the new vanity in and anchored it to the wall, then added the sink but I didn’t have the bolts I needed to anchor it to the wall so it’s still not operational. I opened the new faucet and placed it on the sink to see the entire look and I am beyond happy, just ask my husband. Last night I kept asking did you look. Yes I was fishing for a compliment. I also hung the mirror and I actually hung it straight, not bad for someone eyeballing it. I know I could have used a level or straight edge but why when eyeing it is easier. Hopefully by the end of the day the room will officially be finished, but NaNo is priority today. Well it is now that I have voted. If you haven’t done your civic duty, then stop reading now and get out and vote!



Until next time good writing!



No comments:

Post a Comment