Pages

Monday, December 4, 2006

Just Call Me A Sucker

I thought I’d buried the sucker label deep inside me, but apparently it wasn’t buried deep enough. Last Thursday a small black cat latched onto me. I admit that I am a sucker when it comes to meows hidden in the darkness. I will search it out just to make sure it’s not hurt. Normally the cats run never to be seen again, but not this one, he or she walked right up to me and started rubbing and purring and you know what comes next…I couldn’t just walk away, I had to pet him. Big Mistake! I should have walked away, but no I couldn’t resist petting the cute, fluffy black cat.



Now I know this cat is shouting sucker each time he meows because he only shows up at night and he hangs around my garage waiting for me or one of my kids to come out. Once daylight comes this cat is nowhere to be found. My guess is he has a home that lets him out at night. But it irks me that he’s let out because he’s declawed and he really has no way to defend himself. If I didn’t have two dogs that would chase him non-stop I’d keep him. Much to my husband’s relief we have Wyatt Earp and Josie to keep me from living up to the sucker label.



Until next time Woof, Woof, Woof and a Roo!



1 comment: