Pages

Friday, February 16, 2007

Another Snow...err Ice Day

No school again today. The reason given is that there is ice in the school parking lots and on the sidewalks. I know that’s true for the elementary school I work at because I live across the street. My question is why weren’t school employees out trying to clear the sidewalks and laying salt/sand when the sun was out? It is cold but despite the fact the ice does do some melting and the salt might have helped speed the process. Why didn’t they treat the surface when the sleet started? It is the school personnel job to do this so why wasn’t it done? I realize that school would probably still be closed because the subdivisions are still icy and the buses can’t safely travel in those conditions but the schools could at least take a proactive approach to get ready.



I still have a cough and it kept me awake for a long while after I tried to go to bed. I bet it also kept my husband awake too. Sorry honey. The air is so dry in our home I think I would benefit from a humidifier. The other night I decided to try Mucinex and it seemed to work. I took it again yesterday and spent the entire day coughing so much that I thought I would literally lose my brains. What I’d like to know is how a medication can be a suppressant and expectorant at the same time as Mucinex claims to be on the bottle. I will not take any meds today and tonight before I go to bed I will stick with my Nyquil because in the end it squashed my cough enough for me to fall asleep.



Writing yesterday was no easy task with my constant coughing either. I ended up revising eight pages and stopped. Today I will enter those edits into the file. I didn’t even try to read because I couldn’t keep the book still and my head hurt. The cough isn’t so bad this morning and I hope that’s a good sign. Today my goal is to finish revisions on chapters five and six and maybe even get the edits into the file. I’d also like to read but if I can get the edits completed I’ll be happy.



Until next time, good writing.



1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are having a hard time shaking that cough! I hope you feel better soon. Take care of yourself and stay warm for the weekend. Hopefully school will be open and you'll be feeling better come Monday!

    ReplyDelete