Pages

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Downsizing

Over the last two months I have done some downsizing in my life. I let go of my Pixel Perspectives web site and I deleted my photo blog. I did this not because I lost my passion for photography but because I just don’t need a separate web site to display my work. I can use my personal domain. Now I need to revamp that site and rid it of all the dead links. I want to simplify things with the site. I’m not interested in the bells and whistles, just a nice clean site that showcases my writing and photography. My web site is my road map to what I envision for my future. While it will still show my past successes, I want it to help me clarify my wants and needs for the future.



Along with simplifying my work life, I am trying to find balance for the home. I am an admitted slacker when it comes to laundry and keeping a clean home. I have finally admitted to myself that having four dogs is my excuse for not doing a better job at cleaning. I don’t make excuses in my professional life so why am I making them in my home life? The short answer is fear. What that fear is exactly I still need to figure out. I have decided that I am not going to make excuses about my home anymore. I am not going to put off what needs to be accomplished today. I am going to embrace what I need to do and that is clean it. I am going to start by dusting and sweeping up all the dirt and fur. Then I will get rid of the clutter the same way I am doing in my professional life.



I want my kids and husband to be proud of their home and for that to happen I need to take pride in our home as well. I for now will accept and be happy with the home I have and then maybe the opportunity will present itself to me at the right time to receive the home I envision as my final set down our roots forever home. Until that time I am going to do what I can to make my house a real home for me and my family. With no more excuses I’m off to start making my house a home.



Until next time good writing.



2 comments:

  1. You have inspired me to clean my office and get rid of the clutter. It's the only room in the house that is not cleaned on a regular basis. I hope my shredder is up to the task.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got some strange aversion to cleaning as well. Sometimes I think I'm making a "nest" out of any area I am in, filling it so full of clutter so I feel "safe," or something. Part of me is afraid I have some arrogant attitude, as in "I have more important things to do than clean." I really don't want to be any sort of a snob. I often wonder if there is something deeper going on. I am interested that you mentioned fear. I do wonder if I have some desire of perfection and it all seems overwhelming. If you explore your cleaning emotions more, let me know what you find. And congratulations on deciding to clean and organize.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete