Pages

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Surgical Consult Goes Well

Despite the weather conditions yesterday my husband and I were able to get Luna to her surgical consult. The nasty weather held off until later in the day. I called the surgical practice since they were getting sleet and freezing rain where they were to see if it was possible for us to come earlier and thankfully we could. It was 10:45 am when I called and they said we can see you at noon. I said, “Great! We’re out the door now.” Thankfully roads were clear and traffic was light and we made it to the consult in under an hour.



The consult went much better than we thought it would! Luna will not need surgery, at least not right now. The fracture that is on the x-ray is healed. It apparently is an old injury that was not taken care of properly. Meaning it happened long before we adopted her last June. She does have arthritis in the leg and we’ll need to manage the pain and inflammation with medication but she’s been given the go ahead to be and act like a dog again. That’s a good thing because over the last three weeks she gained two pounds because of her inactivity. Keeping Luna lean will help relieve pressure on her joints which in turn will relieve some of the pain. She can now go back to playing with Josie and I know she’ll be happy to resume her daily games of fetch.



Another happy piece of news is there is no sign of cancer! While that’s great news, I still have this gut feeling that something isn’t right with her physically. She’s due for her yearly physical in a few weeks and I will have a full work up done. I plan on having a full thyroid panel done because of her age and the aggression she has toward Wyatt. It was borderline last year and since the aggression has not gotten better I want a full panel. I will call my trainer to reschedule our missed training classes and hope that life with Luna will improve.



Until next time, Woof, Woof, Woof and a Roo!



2 comments:

  1. Think Saturday afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear it's not the 'C' word. Hope her full work up turns out well.

    ReplyDelete