Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

High Cholesterol

Yesterday I received the results from my blood tests that were taken last Friday. The results were mostly good. As of that test my white blood cell count is normal and the tests show no visible signs of cancer. But that doesn’t mean it’s not there. It means that it’s not at detectable levels. My doctor wants me to go for a baseline mammogram so I have the RX for it and will call to set the appointment. After this baseline mammogram is completed and the results are given to me as normal I will have my next one at age 40 which is just under three years.



Really the worst of my test results was my cholesterol. Unfortunately I should have written the numbers down because I can’t remember the exact numbers. What I do remember is they were high and I need to bring them all down. I had a feeling my cholesterol would be high because I have gallstones, though I have no symptoms. Gallstones happen when you either loose weight too quickly or your diet is high in fat and/or cholesterol. I found out about the gallstones because of my CT scan. Since I have no pain from them my doctor thinks they will take care of themselves, especially since I am changing my eating habits and I’m starting my exercise program again.



Losing weight and watching the cholesterol in my diet and stepping up my exercise should be enough to bring my numbers down to a normal range. I will recheck my numbers in six months (Oct.). By October it is my goal to have lost an additional 24 to 30 pounds. Speaking of pounds I actually lost a pound since April 10th and I’m not even actively trying to lose any during my first phase on the Best Life Diet.



My goals for Phase One April 10 – May 10, 2007



•    Increasing my daily activity. (Started more walking. Need to work my way back to long walks w/dogs)
•    Eat three meals a day consistently and one or two snacks. (Working on this. This hasn’t been too difficult to work into my life with my work schedule.)
•    Set an eating cut off time. (Mine is 8 pm. Slipped last night. I was reading and didn’t realize how late it was.)
•    Wake up hungry for breakfast. (Woke up hungry this morning)
•    Drink plenty of water. (No problem here I already drink 48 to 64 ounces or more a day.)
•    Choose a daily multivitamin/mineral supplement. (Need to discuss this with doctor to make sure it won’t interfere with medication Doctor gave me some recommendations, now I need to choose which one.)
•    And reveal my weight. (Done see right sidebar.)



Until next time may you find all you’re searching for!



2 comments:

  1. Hey, good news Linda. I'm very happy for you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my youth, I didn't know better. In my teens, I thought I was invincible. In my 20's, I was willing to sacrifice a bit of health for an advanced degree and money. Now in my 30's, I finally appreciate my health. Hope you keep getting good news from the docs.

    ReplyDelete