Pages

Friday, April 27, 2007

It Is What It Is

I've had many people and doctors ask how I can be so upbeat going through all the tests and then waiting and I just tell them I am grateful that I woke this morning and I've always been one to live for the present day. My life is what it is I can't change my past smoking habit and I can't predict the future, so I live for today.



My day to day worries aren’t any different than the next person’s. I worry about my kids, are they eating their lunch or trading it away for junk. I worry about bills and yes I do worry about possibly having lung cancer but until I have a firm diagnosis I don’t have cancer. I stay positive and live each day in the present because it is what it is and I can’t change what I did in the past. I can only learn from it.



I’ve learned there isn’t a whole lot in the world I can control but I can control my attitude and how I choose to live each day I am given. Instead of asking “Why me?” I ask “How can I change this and live better than I did yesterday.”



I make a choice each morning I wake to be thankful that I have another day to live and instead of unhappiness I choose happiness. What could be unhappy about waking? I believe it takes more energy to fuel my unhappiness than choosing happiness and being thankful for what I have before me. And I have more than enough to be happy. Today and future days I am happy and thankful for my life, family, and friends and home. I am thankful for the health I have today because it could change at any moment. I am thankful for all the happy yesterday’s because they give me something to strive for today.



Until next time I hope you find all you’re searching for.



No comments:

Post a Comment