Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Move It, Move It!

Yesterday I had a follow up appointment with my allergist/asthma doctor. He removed the Nexium from my daily medication because I saw no change from two weeks ago. I found out two weeks ago I am only allergic to two things cats and horses and the allergy is mild. So allergies and acid reflux are not the cause for my coughing induced asthma. Could it be the emphysema? Maybe that combined with something in my environment is causing the coughing. For now though my coughing is controlled with Singulair and two different types of inhalers.



I’m moving more and more. While my work schedule is still tiring me out, it’s getting better. I’m not sleeping my entire six hours away between shifts. I walk to work each day and if I need a few things from the grocery store I walk the quarter mile. I’m also watching a fitness station that has segment with dancing, so I’m burning the calories dancing too. I’m no dancer so I keep the shades drawn for that, but it is fun and who knows maybe when more pounds fall off me I won’t feel so geeky dancing. I strapped on a pedometer and found that I am averaging right around 12 to 14,000 steps a day which is double what I was doing prior to April 10. I hope to up my steps per day to 18K by the time I start phase two of the Best Life Diet. That shouldn’t be too hard because by then I hope to add my walks back in with my dogs and that combined with my healthier eating should translate into more pounds lost.



I’ve also resumed my house cleaning duties. Well, the vacuuming and sweeping. I like those two chores one because I can relax and think through my problems and two because they keep me moving. More steps per day equals more calories burned which ends with more weight lost. Besides the weight loss I am learning to eat healthier and the new habits I am starting with phase one of the Best Life Diet are easier and easier to remember and do each day.



Until next time may you find all you’re searching for!



No comments:

Post a Comment