Pages

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Sick and Tired But Still Dreaming

Besides being sick and tired for the last 12 weeks, I’ve been waiting for my dream agent to read my novel Beneath the Surface. My expected wait time is longer than expected since the agent is having a baby. I don’t mind the wait because it gives me time to polish my NaNo novel from last November. It’s also giving me the chance to get my next novel idea organized. When my dream agent gets back to me I want to be able to say, “I’ve already written my next novel and completed revisions and I’m now working on something new." I want her to see I am serious about my writing. Yes, I want to publish a novel but more than that I want a career.



I learned over the last 12 weeks that life is short and we are the only ones who can make our dreams come true and that we have no one to blame but ourselves if we don’t go for them. And go for my dreams I am. Thankfully I have the support of my husband and I’ve always had even when our children were babies. I learned early on that my life does not only revolve around my kids and husband. I got over the so called “Mommy Guilt” and I ignored the women who called me selfish for putting my needs above my young family. I surrounded myself with people like my husband who supported me, who grounded me and understood that wives and mothers deserve a life too. I admit that I would go for my dream of being a published career novelist even if my husband didn’t support me, because it’s who I am. I am a writer. I’ve been a writer much longer than I’ve been a wife or mother. I don’t believe in putting my dreams on hold for anyone and that includes my family. But that doesn’t mean I ignore the needs of my family either. I can make both a priority in my life and I do.



Until next time Good Writing!



No comments:

Post a Comment