Pages

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Phase Two-Weight Loss

Today is the day I decide to move on to the second phase of the Best Life Diet or continue with the first. Going over the goals for phase one I believe I met them all with mostly success.



My goals for Phase One April 10 – May 10, 2007



•    Increasing my daily activity. (Started more walking. I’m able to walk for a total of 30 minutes a day)
•    Eat three meals a day consistently and one or two snacks. (This was easier than I thought.)
•    Set an eating cut off time. (Mine is 8 pm. This one wasn’t as easy as the others. My family gets home from most of their practices at 8 pm or a little later. I am eating alone most of the time. )
•    Wake up hungry for breakfast. (Woke up hungry this morning)
•    Drink plenty of water. (No problem here I already drink 48 to 64 ounces or more a day.)
•    Choose a daily multivitamin/mineral supplement.
•    And reveal my weight. (Done see right sidebar.)



I believe I am ready to move on to the next phase and I plan on doing so after I reread the second phase of the book today. I’m slowly feeling more energy and I’m napping less between my work shifts. I must be walking well over 10, 000 steps a day based on the weight loss. I guess it’s time to invest in a pedometer that way I will know for sure if I am pardon the pun stepping up the exercise.



The real work comes in the second phase. This is when I need to put my new habits together with eating less and healthier and more exercise to continue the weight loss. I know it won’t be easy, but it shouldn’t be hard either if I truly answered the questions in phase one honestly and worked on changing my habits. I did answer honestly and the one thing I don’t expect is perfection. If I slip I won’t punish myself after all it took me years to put the weight on, I can’t expect to take it off in a few weeks. Plus I’ve learned that rapid weight loss can cause gallstones. I already have them and I am trying not to have them flare. I want them to go away through proper diet and exercise and that should happen as long as my cholesterol numbers go down too.



I’ll have more on phase two after I reread it.



Until next time may you find all you’re searching for!



No comments:

Post a Comment