Pages

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Plug & Play, Repeating Dreams

For once plug and play meant exactly that. Yesterday I plugged my 250 gig LaCie external hard drive into my USB on my PC and I transferred all my photo files. I had at least 5,000 photos to copy and it took me less than 30 minutes to copy all the folders. Now I can grab the drive and move between my Desktop and my Notebook. The first thing I need to do is get rid of the photos I know I won’t use. These photos are mostly last years and a few hundred that I’ve taken this year. My next step is to make DVD copies of the files to store in my file cabinet and finally I’ll print the photos I want to add to my portfolio. I’d like to get another LaCie external drive to hold my project folders meaning all my art made from my photos but don’t quite resemble the original photo anymore. But for now this drive will do.



Lately I’ve had the same dream night after night and each time a different detail comes into focus giving me greater clarity. I’m closer to knowing what and how I am supposed to proceed. So what is the dream? Each night I dream that I am walking with hundreds of people, we’re all wearing the same shirt and I am leading the way. The shirts are red and white. The only print I am able to read on the tee shirt is April 2009. I’m walking for lung cancer/disease awareness, research and education. Not really a surprise since I am going through the rigors of being diagnosed and have been diagnosed with emphysema. What is telling is the date April 2009, I see that as a sign that I have work to do. Now I just need to figure out how to accomplish what I see each night in my dream. I plan to chronicle my dream on my In Search Of blog because that is where I am chronicling my weight loss and my journey to a better life.



Now I need to get off line and get to my writing!



Until next time Good Writing!



No comments:

Post a Comment