Pages

Saturday, May 5, 2007

Successful Photo File Recovery

I am a happy woman today! I was finally able to get to the
camera shop to pick up my CF card and they were able to recover every single corrupted
photo file on the card!!! I now have the six potential photos to enter in a
local show and I have four weeks left to shoot more and possibly better shots.





This was the first time in over three years that I had a CF
card fail me and with CF cards priced under $25 for a 1 gig card I will be
stocking up on new cards.





Back in March I started a book club with two teachers that I
work with. The three of us meet with four other women at the school library two
Wednesdays each month and so far we’re having a wonderful time. Our first book
was Joshilyn Jackson’s Gods in

Alabama


and it earned high marks and we had a wonderful discussion. I’m hoping we’ll
read Between Georgia later this year. Philippa Gregory’s The Other Boleyn Girl
was our next selection. I admit I would never have read this had it not been
for the book club. I enjoyed it but it wasn’t a knock my socks off book that
I’d keep. What disappointed me was the lack of English speech pattern and
words. Most of the dialog sounded like it came from an American’s mouth and not
English men and women from the 1500’s, but the other women liked the book
because of that. We all enjoyed the read. Our book for the month of May is Life
of Pi. I’ve read this already and I’m halfway through it for the second time
and I am enjoying it again.





Now I need to get back into a writing groove. Now that I’m
able to get more than a couple hours of sleep a night I’m able to string
together a coherent sentence it’s time to sit my ass in the chair and JUST
WRITE! So that’s what I’m off to do now.





Until next time Good Writing!





1 comment:

  1. I really liked Life of Pi, and I remember doing a lot of thinking after I finished. I "read" the audio version.

    ReplyDelete