Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Technology and Writing



I’ve been lucky with technology; I’ve rarely had it fail on
me. But this past weekend my Compact Flashcard failed me. I spent much of the
early morning outside on Saturday photographing my dogs and flowers. I thought
I was finished so I went inside and previewed the photos on the camera and was
pleased with what I saw. I removed the card and was about to go download the
photos when I saw my dogs doing what I wanted them to do and that was sleeping.
So I popped the card back in like I’d done many times before and took the
photos I wanted. I shut my camera off and then removed the card. When I went to
download the photos nearly 100 photos had disappeared from the card!





I’m hoping my local camera shop can recover the lost photos
because I had shots on that card I wanted to enter into a local contest and
show. If not then I’ll have myself a short pity party and move on.

I’ve been writing tons these past few weeks, just nothing on
my novels. I’ve finished several essays and sent them out to various markets
and contests. I’m waiting to hear from an agent on my novel Beneath the Surface
and now I am ready to finally read through my 2006 NaNo novel Grey Matters and
start revising. I have a ton of things to catch up on now that I am finally
able to get through my time between work shifts without a four hour nap. First
I plan to catch up on my crit group’s submissions and then submit a section of
my novel for them. I also have a back log of e-mail to wade through and respond
to. Hmmm…now I’m not sure if it’s good thing that I feel rested, now I actually
have to just get it done.





Until next time Good Writing!





3 comments:

  1. Eek! I am going to reformat my CF cards as a preventive measure. Luckily I haven't lost any pictures yet. But now that I think about it, I think it's time to back up my pictures on the external drive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eek! I am going to reformat my CF cards as a preventive measure. Luckily I haven't lost any pictures yet. But now that I think about it, I think it's time to back up my pictures on the external drive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this happened to me a few weeks after I had my youngest. I thought I'd saved them to the computer (no disk type either) and apparently I didn't. These were all newborn shots. :( Lost...gone forever. :(

    ReplyDelete