Pages

Thursday, June 7, 2007

It's Official! I Now Parent A High Schooler

Tomorrow I officially become a parent of a high schooler,
WAAHHHHH!!!!! Just kidding, I’m not really bawling. I’m actually some what ambivalent
about it. I’m happy she’s progressing academically, but then I’m thinking where
the hell did all the years between birth and 14 go? She’s already talking about
being a veterinarian, chef or wanting to work in the design field. She’s even
mentioned a university that she’s interested in attending for two of the three
fields. She’s a driven kid and if this last year is any indication of what’s to
come then she’ll no doubt get into her choice of schools.





The younger DD still has one year left of elementary. She’s
an honor roll student but she vows to live with the DH and me forever. YIKES,
what have I done wrong? Apparently she doesn’t mind her strict upbringing. Yesterday
was the end of the year assembly and since I was already be there I stayed and
watched my DD accept her honor roll and other certificates. She’ll also have a
few chances to win one of six new mountain bikes for passing her SOL tests. She
wants to win one, but not because she doesn’t have one but because she wants to
sell it! I guess I have a budding entrepreneur on my hands.





Speaking of entrepreneurial endeavors I found a cool site
for women to learn and network on called Women Who Launch. It appears to have a
plethora of wonderful and useful information; I’m still reading and checking it
out. I plan to sign up for their newsletter, read their book and possibly
attend one of their workshops if I can.





Now I must get to work. Until next time Good Writing!





2 comments:

  1. Oh, it only gets more fun from here on out! (Well, sometimes.) :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey no teasing, you've had a while to get used to teendom.

    ReplyDelete