Pages

Monday, June 18, 2007

Out to Dinner

Last night we went out to dinner, may not seem like a big
deal but to my kids it was because we never go out to dinner unless the DH’s
family comes to town. I’m not a fan of eating out. To put it bluntly I don’t
like spending the money on food that is rarely good. We went to the Olive Garden and it was okay. My
youngest DD wanted to go out for Father’s Day to The Outback Steakhouse, not
one of the DH’s and my favorite places. See DD #2 received a gift certificate
for a free meal for making the honor roll at school so she wanted to use it. I
had her call the restaurant to see how long the wait was and it was 40 minutes!
I told her sorry but I won’t wait that long for a table in a restaurant that I
don’t even like. As we left the house she asked if we could go to the Olive
Garden, I said okay. We ended up waiting close to thirty minutes for a table.
YUCK! I realize it was Father’s Day but it still burns my butt that I waited
that long for so, so over-priced food.





The upside, the girls enjoyed themselves and DD #1 said she
could make the fettuccini better, especially now that she has a good Italian
cookbook. I look forward to tasting that dish. DD #1 wants to be a chef and
veterinarian. Where she gets her cooking gene from is the biggest question,
because I despise cooking. My version of cooking is cutting a packet of soup
makings open and pouring them into boiling water and then yelling dinner time
when the soup has simmered for fifteen minutes!





Well, time for lunch and some reading time. Until next time
good writing!





No comments:

Post a Comment