Pages

Thursday, June 28, 2007

What I'm Watching



The new summer line-up of TV shows is starting and I am one
happy woman! I’m not talking reality stuff. Tonight is USA’s new show Burn Notice at 10 pm. It stars Jeffery Donovan, Sharon Gless and Gabrielle Anwar. I loved Donavan
in Touching Evil. And I can’t forget USA’s 4400. Coming in July is Eureka on Sci-fi. I have high hopes for this show because I so loved it last season. Then Doctor Who also starts on July 6.



The DH and I are already watching Kyle XY on the Family
Channel. I am a “TV Junkie” I don’t know what I ever did without Tivo. If I
could I would upgrade my satellite so that I could Tivo three or more channels.
The DH and I are finishing up the Tivo’d episodes of Medium right now. Any shows that air at 10 pm will be Tivo’d since we’re asleep. Yup, I go to
sleep early but then I am up early too.



Here’s a list of my favorite shows



  • Eureka


  • Doctor Who


  • 4400


  • The Dresden
    Files


  • Afterlife


  • Don’t Sweat It


  • Men in Trees (I’ll finally get to see the last five episodes
    in October.)


  • Dancing with the Stars


  • Criminal Minds


  • Ghost Whisper


  • Medium


  • Bones


  • House


  • Prison Break


  • General Hospital


I’m looking forward to watching Moonlight on CBS in the
fall, hopefully it will live up to the writers past work on ER and Beauty and
the Beast. This fall NBC has Journeyman the main character has the ability to
go between the past and the present. NBC is notorious for dumping shows like
this unless they take off like Heroes. ABC has Pushing Daisies from writer and
producer of “Heroes”. This one features a man with the power to briefly
resurrect the dead. ABC is also known to dump shows like this quickly.







Hopefully these shows will prove to be smartly written
because I am tired of the Grey’s Anatomy type shows. You’ll notice that I am
not a watcher of GA, nor do I watch Heroes, Lost or Desperate Housewives. I
watched Lost for the first half of the first season and then I let the Tivo’d
episodes pile up and realized the show bored me. Hero’s was one I thought I
would like but I found the first episode long and boring. I’ve seen a few GA’s
but I just didn’t watch. I get enough of the Desperate Housewife stuff watching General Hospital. So what do you watch?



Until Next time Good Writing!



2 comments:

  1. How did we watch tv before the Tivo? Being able to record two channels at once and store 250Gb is just not enough :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to upgrade :) I want to be able to record three channels and watch the fourth if needed ;o) I'd also like to make use of my LCD's HDTV, but
    until there are more channels I don't want to pay for it.

    ReplyDelete