Pages

Monday, July 2, 2007

Doggy Heaven

Today is heaven for my dogs, especially Dexter my greyhound. He doesn’t like the heat and humidity and when we have days where it’s 70 degrees, no humidity and a wonderful breeze blowing he’s outside running with the wind and then he curls up in the soft patches of the back yard grass and soaks up the sun.



I’m sitting on my back deck writing this and I hear things hitting the floor and I’m ready to yell at one of my kids when what do I see coming through the back door but Josie dragging one of the dog beds! I do think I have three of the most beautiful and smart dogs on the face of the planet but then I’m biased. But Josie is beyond smart. She loves sleeping on the deck no matter if it’s hot or cold and today she dragged her bed from the family room to the deck and dropped it in a patch of sun. She stepped into the bed, turned three times and flopped down and groaned contentedly and is still fast asleep on the deck. I want to grab my camera out of my office but as soon as I do that she’ll move. It always happens.



I’m not looking forward to the 4th of July and all the fireworks. I love watching them and if it were only the county setting them off it would be fine. But it’s all the others who set off the illegal stuff in my neighborhood that bothers me because it sends Dexter into a barking tizzy. Most loud noises don’t bother him but the fireworks/crackers do. Last night some teens were setting them off and Dexter safely tucked away in his crate was barking while Josie and Wyatt snoozed next to him. The weather is supposed to go back to its normal hot and humid so I’ll have the windows closed and I can turn on the music and surround sound for Dexter.



Until next time Woof, Woof and a Roo!



No comments:

Post a Comment