Pages

Monday, July 2, 2007

It's Spring on a Summer Day

It’s insanely beautiful outdoors right now. As I type this I sit on my deck watching my dogs run circles around the yard. The sky is crystal clear. It’s like seeing the split screen of HDTV and regular TV. Today is an HDTV day. No haze, no bad air quality just a beautiful 70 degrees with a gentle breeze and it’s July 2nd! Normally it’s 88 to 95 degrees with haze, bad air quality and so humid you sweat your body weight within minutes of being outside, but not yesterday, not today and not tomorrow. We’re not supposed to go back to our regularly scheduled weather until July 4th. I would love this weather year-round! I love having my window open, I hate using the AC.



Now I’ve got the weather out of the way, I want to know if all of Jodi Picoult’s books are as depressing as Tenth Circle. While it’s well written it’s terribly depressing and I really don’t want to finish, despite it being well written. But I will finish because I'm reading it with my book club. Perhaps I’m not in the mood for this, I don’t know but I find myself drifting toward my bookshelf. I only have a couple chapters left thank goodness and I intend to find something on my shelf that is more uplifting, bright and happy.



I’m getting a late start today because I couldn’t sleep last night, so I’m off to revise some pages in BTS and my vamp novel tentatively titled Grey Matters. Until next time Good Writing!



5 comments:

  1. No, her other books are, IMHO, much much better AND not as depressing. Still dealing with disturbing stuff but excellent reads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Picoult, and her books can be depressing. But I love how well written they are, and how they make me think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda and Ellen,
    I definitely thought it was well-written. Picoult's a fabulous storyteller and I definitely couldn't put the book down. I guess you have to be in the right mood to read her work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think her books are all gut wrenching. there is no clear good guy. she's a bit of the "what if" type of writer. what if...
    i find i pace when i read her books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think all writers are what if writers because that's really the way to propel the story forward. I play the what if game with all the fiction stories I write. The words "Gut wrenching" describe the writing for TC well too. She's a fantastic story teller and writer just not one I will rush out to buy and read regularly.

    ReplyDelete