Pages

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Midnight at the Movies & Laughter on TV

They say laughter is the best medicine for whatever ails you. Well if you need a gut busting laugh and don't mind a bit of raunchy humor then check out BBC America and watch The Graham Norton Show. I caught his show back in February when I first got sick and couldn't sleep through the night because of my cough. It wasn't the best time to find the show because I couldn't stop laughing and that also led to more coughing.



I love that they actually say what's on their minds and they're more open with sexuality. I also love that they have all the guests on at once and they all interact with each other. It makes the show funnier and definitely unpredictable. This show leaves me giggling to myself after it's over. If laughter prolongs ones life then Graham Norton will definitely get a huge mention right after Robin Williams.



Another show that has me laughing is Dead Like Me. I'm watching the reruns on the Sci-Fi channel. What a shame the show was canceled, it was well written and I love the cast especially Mandy Patinkin. Yesterday I Tivoed season two, now the husband and I will have something to watch together when he gets home each night.



The DH and kids arrived home after the Harry Potter movie right around 2:30 am. Apparently the crowd was full of annoying talking teens and my teen was pissed off with all the talking. The first thing out of her mouth was her complaint that they were talking and not whether the movie was any good. My 10 year old didn't say anything either she just plopped herself on the couch. It was late and now it's early considering they only went to bed four hours ago. Now is my chance to get some extra writing and revision in.



Until next time Good Writing!




6 comments:

  1. i also don't think the nations outside the u.s. have to sign anything to make sure their interviews are tame. u.s. media have to get approval from many of their interviewees. they get to approve the final copy of the articles.
    i've seen tom cruise get upset at some aussie interviewer. he thought she wasn't being polite. oy! smackslapkick!
    i think they have the freedom we don't have. they aren't ruled by the guests. i found that article either on arts and letters daily or from googling the mika story in the news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The FCC does have a ton of regs here. People like Tom Cruise creep me out and need to get over themselves. I find that I enjoy the style of shows more and I like that I'm allowed to use my brain to choose what is appropriate for me and my family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We went to the movies the other night to see the animated one about the rat. Behind us sat two teens who'd seen the movie before, and was loudly talking about "what comes next." I gotta sympathize with your DD, people talking during a movies irritates me too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We went to the movies the other night to see the animated one about the rat. Behind us sat two teens who'd seen the movie before, and was loudly talking about "what comes next." I gotta sympathize with your DD, people talking during a movies irritates me too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you have to watch the show live when it airs? I found links to episode guides and a reminder email for when a show airs - but I'm not really sure how you actually watch.
    http://www.bbcamerica.com/content/231/guide.jsp

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you have to watch the show live when it airs? I found links to episode guides and a reminder email for when a show airs - but I'm not really sure how you actually watch.
    http://www.bbcamerica.com/content/231/guide.jsp

    ReplyDelete