Pages

Saturday, August 4, 2007

Going Kid-Free

Today started at 2:30 am. The DH and the kids left shortly before 3 am to meet the MIL in Ohio. My kids are spending the next week at Grandma Camp! Now while I woke to say a semi grumpy and sleepy good bye to my kids the DH gets to make a round trip in the car and I got to go back to bed. Well, I went back to bed but lovely Wyatt decided that he was going to bark. Rather than wait his bark out I went downstairs and curled up on the couch and the dogs and I slept the remainder of the morning.



I officially started my morning at 6 am which is an hour later than normal. I’ll take the extra hour of sleep where ever I can get it. The morning was full of chores and doggy fun! By 10:55 am I was on my way out the door to the VAGA Meet and Greet at the grocery store around the corner from my home. Normally we’d stay for two hours but we are in the middle of a heat wave. By the time the seven lovely hounds had been meeting and greeting for an hour the temperature had reached 90 with the humidity it felt like 95. They were all rung out and ready to retire to their air conditioned homes. Right now as I type this post it’s 98 degrees but feels like 107. Yuck! Tomorrow is supposed to be around 88 which are closer to normal for the area but next week is being forecasted as oppressive with temperatures hovering close to 100. Yuck, yuck, yuck!



Even though the weather is going to stink, I still get an entire kid-free week! Thanks mom! The part of being kid free that I love the most is no interruptions. If I am reading there’s no yelling in the house mooommm! I get to read. I’ll get to watch a TV show with out my wonderfully beautiful kids asking if they can watch a movie or decide it’s time to bake cookies. Another upside to being kid free is the dishwasher and washing machine will get a vacation. I can listen to my music as loud as I want without them asking me to turn it down. The DH has Monday off so we’ll have one entire day together sans kids! Well human kids. The fur kids still require attention and Dexter will spend the day at the vet getting his teeth cleaned.



Right now I am going to watch the second in a series of Tivo’d movies called The Librarian with former ER star Noah Wylie. The first one was wonderful! Reminds me of Indiana Jones only updated.



Until next time Good Writing, Watching and Reading!



4 comments:

  1. when are you going to bake cookies? huh?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've definitely talked me out of having (human) kids :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't bake cookies, I buy them because I don't like to do anything related to the kitchen. Thank goodness I married a man that likes to cook :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! Human kids are wonderful ;) I know many moms online and off who would tell you not to pay attention to my post. Having fur kids is a lot of work too :)

    ReplyDelete