Pages

Monday, September 3, 2007

Weekend Full of Labor

I haven’t forgotten my blogs, I’ve been busy livin’. And personally speaking living life is priority over my blogs. I’m actually learning life is easier away from the computer the longer I stay away. I’m actually starting to find I am able to retype my hand written pages of my novel without checking e-mail or surfing the web. I love the freedom I’m feeling.



I’m writing though I haven’t started a new novel since shelving my vamp novel, but I am working on several short stories. I’m reading Stardust for my book club. I’m rereading Paloni’s, Eragon and then I plan to reread Eldest since the next one in the series is supposedly coming out soon.



My kids finished their first week of school unscathed and I finished my second full week back to work as well and all of us were rewarded with a long weekend full of household labor. Well it is Labor Day weekend and aren’t we supposed to work? I would have rather laid around with the dogs but it’s the first time in a while we had no hockey, speed skating or other activity scheduled so we planned, well I planned a few projects that need doing.



Saturday the DH and set out at 7 am to tackle our supply list at Lowes. We purchased stain/deck sealer. Bought a pressure washer for $100 and found out it stunk to high heaven. We returned it and bought a new nozzle for the hose and it made more pressure than the washer and we paid $6.00 for the nozzle. The DH is priming the outdoor trim so we can paint. We’re adding weather seals to all our outlets leaking in air to help seal out the hot and cold air. We also plan to recaulk all our windows inside and out as well as seal all visible heating/air conditioning duct joints. Sounds like a ton of work but none of the projects except for the deck and priming should take that long and the best part is that all of them will save us time, energy and money in the future!



Well time to get back to work. Until next time good writing and reading!



4 comments:

  1. Tell me what Stardust is like. We saw the movie and I liked it (I think Paul liked Michelle Pfieffer). Neil Gaiman, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm enjoying it. Seems we're on the same waves for books :) And we were commenting about the same time too

    ReplyDelete
  3. i find that the blogs make me feel guilty. i get behind and then hide. it's good to take a break, but then i feel bad. i'm not even blogging now, because it's taking away from my uni.
    now take a break from your life and do some deck action over here. ours is a mess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't feel guilty, blog and read them when you have the time. Writing and reading blogs is my reward for tasks finished :)

    ReplyDelete