Pages

Monday, November 5, 2007

It's Not In My Head, It's In My Neck!

Lots of stuff going on between working, getting over a head cold and trying to participate in NaNoWriMo this month that I spent the last two weeks trying to get stuff accomplished. Last Monday I went and received my flu shot and by the afternoon I had a scratchy throat and the next morning I had a full blown head cold. YUCK!!! I can’t afford to miss any days because I don’t get paid. Luckily the cold was short lived. Also last Monday I received the results of my thyroid test and now I can say nanny, nanny, boo, boo to all the doctors that said it was all in my head or that I should just admit I was depressed and take anti-depressants. My thyroid levels were off the charts. I have an under active thyroid. I was started on medication last week and then this week I have an ultrasound scheduled for it to see if my thyroid is the reason behind my trouble swallowing. Now I need to be patient and let the medication do its thing. I’m still extremely tired but I’m told that will get better over the next four to eight weeks.



Even though I’ve been tired it hasn’t slowed my reading. I finished the book on wine and highly recommend it to anyone just starting to taste (see Recently Read Books). I also finished another book called Family Tree, by Barbara Delinsky; I enjoyed the book though it was a bit formulaic. If you like Elizabeth Berg you’ll like Delinsky, she wraps this book in a nice happy ending. But that wasn’t what bothered me about the book. I knew from almost the beginning whose DNA was the problem. It was cliché, but even with that cliché the book is well-written with well developed characters. I was pleasantly surprised that I liked it and since this is the next book up for discussion at my book club, I look forward to hearing what others thought.



I’m still reading Eldest. Yes it is taking a while but then I am only reading that book thirty minutes a day before I start my afternoon shift of work. I’m enjoying it and finding it an even better read than Eragon. Now I need to decide what I want to read next so many books to choose from on my shelf.



Until next time good reading and writing!



1 comment:

  1. the thyroid is a bugger. i can't believe they didn't think to test the thyroid.
    glad you insisted.

    ReplyDelete