Pages

Sunday, January 13, 2008

4 Books Down 48 to Go



I finished my fourth book of the year yesterday morning. It’s
Okay to Miss the Bed on the First Jump was enjoyable and funny. O’Hurley
relates his life’s lessons with events/memories shared with his dogs. I
recommend it if you enjoy books and stories related to dogs.





I started reading The Count of Monte Cristo last week and what
a yawn! Every time I sit down to read this book I end up dozing off within
fifteen minutes. I would much rather be reading Coben’s Gone for Good. Actually
today that’s what I did. TCMC is my next book club book. We’ll be discussing it
on the 29th. I’m trying to read at least 50 pages a day but at the
rate I’m going I’ll still have about 200 pages to go by the 29th. Honestly
if I don’t finish I won’t be too upset, but I plan to get through it because I
don’t like to leave books unfinished. I’ll have the Coben book finished by no
later than Tuesday and I think I’ll start either LA Bank’s Minion or Butcher’s
Storm Front. Until then I guess I’ll try to read more of TCMC.







Until next time good reading and writing.





2 comments:

  1. you don't follow nancy pearl's page number and age rule?
    you don't have to finish a book. it's just as valid to explain why you didn't like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I don't have to finish a book, but there have been many books that started slow like this one and they turned out to be fantastic stories. I am almost finished and it's a better story than the beginning lets on.

    ReplyDelete