Pages

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

It Rained, It Poured My Basement was a Rain Barrel

Finally the sun has appeared! It has been raining or cloudy
here since early Sunday. Sometime during that night my indoor sump pump decided
to get backed up and flood my basement! By the time I stepped into the water it
was almost six inches deep. Gone are the new upgrades we made after hurricane
Isabel in 2003. Our basement looks like a miniature war zone. WAAAHHH!!! Here
are a few photos-



Flood1717
Water outside basement door.




Flood1720
Inside main basement area.




Flood1721
Inside basement door.




Thankfully though I have a sump pump rider! My insurance
covered the damage. This weekend my entire family will work to remove all the
water ruined items. We called a water mitigation company and they came and
sucked up all the water and left us with two industrial size dehumidifiers and
several fans to dry the basement out. The noise is annoying but these machines
will help keep mold from forming. Tomorrow with luck the noise will be over and
the water mitigation company will remove their equipment. Friday the kids have
no school and I don’t go to work so the girls and I will work on cleaning and
sorting all the junk from the basement. Most of it we’ll give away or get ready
for a yard sale. So here’s to a full day of work on my day off! Then the garage
is slated for Saturday.





Until next time good reading, writing, DIYing and cleaning!





4 comments:

  1. Oh nooooo girl!!! That's horrible. I hope you got it all cleaned up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad the insurance covers it! I HATE those noisy machines. We had them all over our living room and dining room (ie, the whole downstairs) three times, I believe. No fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks :) I dislike them too. This is our second time. Hopefully the last.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually we're still cleaning it up. All that's left is to move what survived to the garage.

    ReplyDelete