Pages

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Running for Charity and Green Dogs

I wanted to put a shout out here for someone who is doing a wonderful thing. Her name is Lisa and she is my niece. She runs marathons for charity. Her specific charity is the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. At the present time she is fund raising for her first triathlon One Recipe at a Time. If you’d like to find out more about the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society or Lisa and her efforts to raise money you can visit her web site at Go Lisa Go!



Lately I’ve been working on my new green family room and the short update is that the walls are painted and the bamboo floor was laid last Saturday and Sunday. I haven’t posted after photos because the DH and I still need to install the new four inch base molding. I love the floor! It’s beautiful and the color is rich, warm and inviting. We installed it ourselves with no real problems. It was time consuming but with the floor nailer it went faster than if we swung the hammer ourselves. I definitely want to redo the floors in the dining and living rooms with the bamboo but I’m not sure we’ll DIY it. We might just say, “Been there, done that!” This weekend the DH and I will finish the molding and finish loading only what needs to go back into the room.



I’m also trying a natural, green way to control fleas and ticks with my dogs. I am using a product called Bug Off! Available through a company called Springtime, Inc. It’s a natural herbal product (garlic) that is given to them everyday with their meals. I’ve used several of their products with great success with my dogs and decided to try Bug Off because two of my dogs get irritated by the Frontline. Now I am enthusiastic about this working but I’m not holding my breath either and I have enough Frontline on hand to use on my dogs should I notice scratching or see fleas on them. I believe I owe it to my dogs to give them the most natural products possible and if I’m able to eliminate an irritating chemical then it is beneficial to them. The cost is comparable; actually it’s $80 less a year than the Frontline. I can almost treat my three dogs for the price of two.



Until next time good reading, writing and DIYing!



2 comments:

  1. (pant-pant! I just spent AGES trying to comment on yer blog. Stupid firefox!)
    Anyway, what I wanted to say is SHOW ME THE FLOOR! I wanna see! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be posting them sometime this weekend. I need to get my four inch base moulding installed and do a few paint touch ups :)

    ReplyDelete