Pages

Monday, May 5, 2008

New Green Redo

I have moved onto the next “Green” project in my house. I am
finally painting the kitchen! I am using a color called Stem Green for the main
wall with the cabinets. I’m using Benjamin Moore’s new line of paint called
Aura, a low VOC paint. I decided to use it only because the color pallet of the
Freshaire paint didn’t have what I needed. Aura’s color is beautiful but I
found the paint difficult to work with. I found it difficult to keep a wet edge
and if it set up even a little and I painted over the set edge it streaked. I’m
not a slow painter so I found the quick dry time annoying while rolling it on
but it’s also good because it makes it possible to get second coat if needed
done in one day.





I’ll be using the Aura in my daughter’s room too, not
because I want to but because she can get the colors she wants and I’ll be able
to do the painting. Today I painted the ceiling. I know I did it backwards, but
I was excited to see how the Aura paint worked so I painted the wall first. I
used Freshaire’s white ceiling paint for the kitchen ceiling and I plan to
carry Freshaire’s Slender Reed color from my family room into the kitchen.





Over the weekend the DH tilled an area in our back yard for
a garden and he also set posts for a fence to go around it. Once we get the
gate on we’ll add our soil mixture and compost. My girls will then plant a row
of cucumbers, tomatoes, peas, peppers, squash and they might try broccoli. My
kids and I will chronicle all of this more in depth on our new blog
Greentastic, No More Plastic (coming soon).





Until next time good reading, writing and living!





No comments:

Post a Comment