Pages

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Finally, OBAMA is Declared the Candidate!

Finally we can get on with the general election campaign! I hope McCain and Obama can leave the mud slinging behind and concentrate on the issues. I want to know what they are going to do to improve the quality of living for the middle class. Don’t tell me you’re going to fix health care, show me your plan and tell me why it’s going to work. Don’t tell me you’re not going to raise taxes because I know they will be raised. Don’t tell me you’re going to pull out of Iraq by such and such date because it’s not that easy. Don’t give me a gas tax break for the summer; I want a long term fix. In short don’t just talk at me, show me your plans and how you will implement them and get the government to follow your lead! And finally Senator Obama please find someone other than Senator Clinton to be your running mate!

School is almost over. Officially my kids have six days left
of school, two more full days this week and four half days next weeks. I too
get the summer off. Well I took it off because I didn’t want to work the summer
camp. I’ll be spending my summer going greener with my daughters and hopefully
finish my 11th novel.





I’ve finished another book! Well, last week I finished The
Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs. It was a wonderful read. The
characters had depth and the whole story was layered well. I’ll be discussing
this book tomorrow night with my book club and it appears we’re attracted to
first books because over the last 14 months over half our books have been first
books and Knitting Club was no different. I bought Kate Jacobs next book last
night, it’s called Comfort Food and from the front flap it sounds delicious!
(ha, ha) By tonight I should have our next book club pick finished and that one
is Joshilyn Jackson’s third book The Girl Who Stopped Swimming. If you’ve never
read her books, you should! Each one is better than the last and I love The
Girl Who Stopped Swimming! If I’ve counted correctly I’ve read 37 books so far.





Until next time good reading, writing and politicing!



1 comment:

  1. no mudslinging? what country do you think you live in? silly. it's the same thing every time. we won't sling mud. splitch splatch splutch.
    i never understood this stuff. why must one loathe a candidate to support another? sigh. the day after election day can't come soon enough. my mom's here from the u.s. she finds it nice to take a break from the media and the election. we get the info, but we don't get smothered.
    so, take a vacation!

    ReplyDelete