Pages

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Best Laid Plans

You know what they say about “Best laid Plans…”? They often
go astray. At least that’s what I think the quote is. And it was true for me
during the month of June.

The first weekend in June brought a visit from my in-laws.
They came down from Michigan to play in a golf tournament with my husband. Of course it was one of the
hottest weekends on record for June. It was also the night that my greyhound
Dexter chose to attack my retriever/poodle mix Wyatt. To keep the story short
Dexter got up from his bed and for no reason that I can figure attacked my
other dog that was sleeping on the floor. Both dogs are okay now but I am
having a difficult time reintroducing Dexter to the main house with all three
of my dogs. He’s still growling at Wyatt. For now I’ve been walking them
together and bringing them together for short periods outside. I see a
difference outside, Wyatt gives Dexter a wide berth, and he’s definitely not
comfortable with him anymore. Dexter has had a few seizures and some behavior
that is not in character with his past so we are working with our vet and I’ve
started back with basic training for all three dogs.





School ended and I’ve been enjoying the time with my kids.
We’ve been tending our garden and getting projects ready to complete for our
Greentastic, No More Plastic blog. I’m still reading a book a week and I have
been writing some each day now I need to get organized and get a scene or two
together for my critique group. I guess I should start now.



Until next time good reading, writing and living!



6 comments:

  1. I sure hope this month lets everyone, including the dogs, enjoy themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lisa. Me too but Dexter is still growling :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's scary. i hope it's not something cerebral. i feel for both dogs and their biped parents.
    let's hope july is better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually would like a medical reason, it would explain the behavior. If this all behavioral then I'll probably never know why. These two dogs have been together for 3 years with no problems. Either way I will exhaust all my avenues I can w/o hurting my family and other dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, poor dogs. If Dexter is having seizures it sounds like it might be medical. We had an epileptic dog and in his "old" age he started going after the cats. He was 10, but had been having seizures since about a year old. I hope you can find and answer and keep everyone safe :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, we're doing all we can. It's difficult because much of it is hurry up and wait.

    ReplyDelete