Pages

Monday, April 13, 2009

Cooking, Cleaning & a Bit of Chatting

Today I cleaned the entire first floor of my home, with my 12 year-olds help. But before that I fit almost two hours of writing in, I read a couple of chapters in Untamed by P.C. Cast. Then I watched a little TV and started cleaning. It’s nice to have the entire floor clean. We even washed the walls. That was more to prep them for the fresh paint I’m planning. Now all I need to do is tackle the second floor. That will have to wait until the weekend because the next four days are full of activities with the kids and writing. It’s Spring Break Week!

I capped off the day cooking vegetable paella with my 12 year-old. She always says she doesn’t know how to cook or do anything in the kitchen so tonight she learned to chop vegetables and mince fresh garlic. My husband won’t eat it, but then that doesn’t matter because he’s working part-time in the evening for the Census. My girls and I are taking this opportunity to try many of the vegetarian recipes we’ve acquired. Many of them we can add ground turkey or cubed meats that way their dad won’t starve and we don’t have to cook two dinners.

It was nice cooking with her. She likes to talk and tonight she talked quite a bit. I learned many things about her and what she likes. I do believe I will start making the cooking a family affair. I loved hearing her stories. While talking and cooking I discovered that she would like to enter the local photography contest. I definitely think that can be arranged.

Overall today was a ten! I wouldn’t change a thing, well I’d change one thing, I’d like my 16 year-old to join us next time.

Until next time Breathe Easy and Live Life!



No comments:

Post a Comment