Pages

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Simmering Beans and Cake on the Counter

The red beans are on the stove. My oldest child is a chef in the making. While the red beans smell fantastic, it’s the cake she baked from scratch that I want to dig into. She made a basic yellow cake with an orange and vanilla icing. I love vanilla and I wasn't sure if it would taste good with the orange. She let me taste it and it was delightful! I guess she was bored today because she spent the entire day cooking when she could have sat in front of the computer.

The youngest spent her day coloring and making those awful fortune teller papers. I really dislike them! What a waste of paper. If I’d known that’s what she was using my white paper for I would have said no.Now she's sitting next to me watching a rerun of Bones. She's a chip off my block. It's sort of scary how much like me she is.

I spent my day fixing my Internet connection, talking with my kids, and reading, then I napped. I should have worked on rewriting my novel, but I needed a break so I took it and was present in the various moments of the day.

Currently I am rewriting my 2007 NaNo novel Beneath the Surface. I’ve renamed it and it doesn’t resemble what I thought the story would be. I had an aha moment about a week ago. It was 2 am and I woke talking a mile a minute. The miraculous part was I remembered most of what I was saying. Now my excitement has cooled, but not my desire to finish and get the story represented and published. My goal is to have it rewritten by the end of the summer. What would be really cool is to have it represented and under contract before my 40th year moves on to my 41st at the end of 2010.

Until next time Breathe Easy and Live Life.



2 comments:

  1. Mmmmm.... send me a piece of that cake :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. DD was disappointed. The cake ended up a tad heavy, but the icing was yummy!

    ReplyDelete