Pages

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

KISs - My Plan



What’s my plan, how am I losing weight and shrinking the
waist and BMI percentage? I am the queen of simple. The simpler I keep things
the better and easier time I have sticking with something, well anything.



 



When it comes to food, I have two weaknesses, pizza and
candy and I won’t give up either. How can I eat these foods and continue to
lose weight, well it’s simple I do so in moderation. With my pizza addiction, I
make my own crust with whole-wheat flour, olive oil and a whole host of veggies
with mozzarella cheese. I don’t use cheese with less fat because I don’t like
the taste, I do use less because the veggies take more space. I’ve also learned
to control my portions. Instead of heating half the pizza, I eat two slices. The
candy on the other hand is a harder addiction to control. I love the
sugar! I’ve cut most of the sugar and white flour from my diet except when it
comes to candy. Rather than say no I give myself permission each day, to have a
handful of M&M’s, Skittles, or whatever was on sale when I went grocery
shopping. And knowing I can have the candy there are many days I don’t eat it.



 



I eat breakfast, lunch, dinner and two snacks everyday. My
largest meal is breakfast. I stick to whole foods. There’s no white bread, only
whole wheat. I eat at least the recommended servings of fruits and vegetables
each day, thus getting the recommended 25 grams of fiber suggested for women.
Fiber aids digestion and helps increase weight loss. I always have some protein
whether it’s from poultry, legumes and the like.



 



When it comes to keeping hydrated, 90% of my fluid intake
comes from water and the food I eat. And yes, I do occasionally drink a soda. For
food and drink, it’s all in moderation. Instead of super sizing, I’ve down
sized my portions and plate and Cooking Light magazine and cookbook have become
my eating and cooking bibles.



 



In order to lose the weight I’ve had to exercise. I despise
exercising, and dislike gyms but you have to do it if you want to lose. I have
two dogs and their breeds are moderately active so I use that to my advantage.
I walk both of my dogs at least 2.5 miles five days a week. Three days a week I
use resistance bands to build muscle because we all know by now that muscle
mass helps to burn the fat and calories. I am just starting to add yoga two
days a week to help manage stress. I also go to bed and wake at the same times
each day.



 



I’ve already cut my calories to 1700 a day. I may need to
cut 200 more out and bump up my walking time to keep from hitting a plateau.
But we’ll see.



 



Until next time, live well now!



No comments:

Post a Comment