Pages

Monday, October 26, 2009

More Cookin' and Writin'

I’ve been doin’ a little more cookin’. My husband didn’t
like last nights dinner, one daughter couldn’t stand the peppers and the other
daughter liked everything but the rice! What’s a mom to do? I loved the whole
dish. I made Green Curry Chicken (page 166 of Oct. 09 Cooking Light). It was
easy and I enjoyed eating it, though I could have added more green curry paste
to add more flavor. It’s one I will make again possibly adding a few more
winter vegetables, more curry paste and instead of the Basmati rice I’ll use a
brown rice. Tonight I think I will make pork chops with salt and pepper,
broccoli and homemade apple sauce from granny smith apples. This is a repeat
meal that the entire family enjoyed a few weeks ago.





And I’ve been doin’ more writing to get ready for NaNoWriMo.
Today I was working on the male character for my book and I’ve got his physical
appearance, job and a basic overall vision for his demeanor and how it might
evolve as the book progresses. What I don’t have is a name, well I have one...the
first name that came to me was Jasper Cruise and that’s because those were the
names on the name tags of the café workers where I was writing. Not sure either
name will stick. I think I’ll go with it and see what happens when I actually
start writing on November 1st. Meanwhile I think I’ll go through
Chris Baty’s No Plot, No Problem to see if I can add anything to my note cards
before the first.





Until next time, live well now.



2 comments: