Pages

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Scary Stuff

My latest cooking attempts haven’t gone over as well as I
thought. Last Saturday I made nachos with the pork tenderloin. It tasted
fantastic, but took too long to make. I’m into making anything that takes less
than 30 minutes and this took a little over an hour. I went with one of my
regular dinners the other night and cooked a whole chicken in the crock-pot.
Tonight I am going to use a portion of the leftovers to make chicken noodle
soup and then I’ll take the last of the chicken and do chicken tacos. My daughters
like those but the husband doesn’t so he’ll need to cook a hamburger.





I run a before and after school program from my home for
school age kids and right now we are getting ready for Halloween. Funny thing
is that Halloween is probably one of my least favorite days of the year. I love
the scary stuff but I dislike the trick or tricking. Didn’t like it as a kid
and still don’t like it. Nevertheless, that’s unimportant when you care for
children who love the holiday. For the last week, we’ve been making origami
bats and skulls and today we are making skulls out of fake pears turned upside
down. Today we’ll do the first step of painting them a gray-black color and
then hang them to dry and finish them tomorrow with white paint and the faces.





Since it’s raining here and we’re stuck inside I also have a
skeleton project for them to make out of cotton swabs and little spiders made
from the Crystal Light singles containers. Pictures will follow. Wish me luck I
live in a county that just cut our children’s recess time down from 30 minutes
to 15 minutes.





Until next time, live well now.



No comments:

Post a Comment