Pages

Friday, January 27, 2012

Dream On


Since I’ve spent 42 years, dreaming you’d think that I would already know what I want to be when I grow up. First I don’t want to grow up and whenever anyone tells me I should I smile and realize that I don’t  need to grow up as they say, but keep living and having fun as a grown up. I’ve concluded that I want to do and be many things and like a stubborn child, I am going to do them all! 

I’ve already had success with dreams coming true. Three years ago I started my own licensed home daycare that caters to the before and after school market. I’ve successfully completed NaNoWrimo nine times. I’ve taken several of my NaNo novels, completed them, and submitted to agents. And had many of those agents squash my dream. But I keep going back for more so I guess you can call it a dream in progress. I’ve had my photography published and won contests and now I dream of a new camera, though the one I have works fine. 

Right now, my dream is to become a vet tech and dog trainer. The one constant over the last seven years in my life other than family, writing and photography has been my love of dogs and training. I devour anything I can get my hands on and I’ll talk dogs and training to anyone who will listen, so why not take that passion and use it. My only regret is I didn’t start sooner.

Other dreams of mine are to own a bookstore, open an eco-friendly hardware store and run a dog walking/daycare service. Who knows maybe I can be the first person to combine all of them and make it the next best thing! 

So, I’m 42 and I want to be everything when I grow up. To quote Steven Tyler of Aerosmith, I’m going to “Dream on, dream on, dream on, dream until your dreams come true.”

No comments:

Post a Comment